Tuesday, February 22 * 12:00-1:00 pm eastern
After two years of instability due to the pandemic, many funders and parents are concerned about children’s lost opportunities. Alarming data on lower reading and math gains have led foundations leaders to wonder what can be done to help children “catch up.” Join us to learn more about:
- What the data really says about children’s academic gains during the pandemic
- How the pandemic highlights racial equity gaps endemic in the education system
- Why a focus on “learning loss” can be detrimental to students
- What funders can do to help all children succeed in school
- Policy opportunities that advance learning for all
We’ll hear from Allison Socol, Assistant Director of P-12 Policy at The Education Trust.