Investing in Change – Supporting Advocacy and Policy Work: Funders Together to End Homelessness Partner Webinar
Thursday, March 28 at 2:00 pm eastern
How can philanthropy make the case for funding advocacy to end homelessness? Uncertain whether you can fund grantees that lobby? What’s philanthropy’s role in educating new members of Congress on housing and homelessness issues? What does it look like to support local ballot initiative work?
Funders Together is partnering is Alliance for Justice to answer these questions and more! This session will cover:
- Reasons for philanthropy to support advocacy and policy work
- Definitions of lobbying and activities that are exemptions to the definitions of lobbying, including those which are permissible for private foundations
- Rules for private and public foundation grants to nonprofits that lobby, including general support, specific project, and multi-year grants
- How funders can educate and inform incoming Congressional leaders on issues that affect housing and homelessness policy
- Supporting local efforts, such as ballot initiatives and narrative change campaigns
This webinar is only open to members of Funders Together, private funders, United Ways, and philanthropy-serving organizations.